Digital Marketing has been and will continue to be an ever-evolving process for years to come. So to reap the benefits one has to constantly learn and update yourself and your company with the latest trends in the market. For the past 5 years, minor changes have always changed a small part of the way we use the internet, but trends like dark mode on virtually everything, mobile-first and instant interactions has significantly changed the user experience, the introduction of semantic search helping business’s with SERPs is what 2022 has in store for the perfect user experience among many other things. Nobody can say with 100% certainty what the future holds, but these useful insights could help you get prepared for the same.
Here are a few trends to look forward to in 2022:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
There are and have been many ways to drive traffic to your website but the most effective has proven to be SEO. Today SEO has become more than just creating content or link building to rank as high as possible on Google. It has become one of the most sought-after tools to increase business growth in companies. Businesses found SEO to be more effective in the long run compared to PPC that is effective only for short-term sales.
What to look forward to in SEO for 2022? let’s find out
Google Trends is a free tool that most marketers use to learn about the popularity of specific search terms used on Google and YouTube. Google trends can be a very effective tool when it comes to finding out the relevant keywords that can help build your business in the market. Keywords are mainly used to help your website rank higher. One way to stay at the top of your game is to include relevant keywords via google trends in the content generated for your business.
User Experience Design is yet another factor of SEO that runs company websites today. This has been said very frequently, more so in the last two years that going Digital is the future and that’s why a lot of companies shifted their business digitally in the last two years to sustain in the market. Now when it comes to running your business smoothly even digitally, User Experience Design is very crucial in attracting more customers to increase your sales. But what is User Experience Design, would you like to know? I surely would like to.
User experience is how a person feels when interacting with a system. This includes a website design, mobile application, desktop software, and any form of human/device interaction. Now that we learned about User Experience Design, let’s find out why is it extremely important for businesses today.
1. Fulfills the user’s need – technological advancements in the modern day have become the norm to run businesses smoothly. Companies these days look for tools that can help in business process improvement. That’s where User Experience Design comes into play to give companies an edge over other companies, during this time of business competitiveness.
2. Studies show that 76% of consumers research a business online before visiting in person. That means having a well-designed website nowadays is as important as having a phone number.
So how do you define a great User Experience Design?
By getting to know exactly what your client wants from users visiting the website. By listening, observing, and giving what the users are looking for when they visit the website. A website also delivers a great user experience design when the layout, visual hierarchy, navigation, and colour are in tandem with the clients and the user’s needs.
The trend that is here to stay and that is going to change the way people search for queries online is called Semantic Search. Semantic search is a data searching technique in which a search query aims to not only find relevant keywords but determines the intent and contextual meaning of the words a person is using to search. The idea of combining philosophy with software engineering to provide the exact results for a person’s query is what the future holds.
Let’s find out how Semantic Search helps your audience find your business:
1. The future of SEO is emphasizing on semantic search and not prioritizing the use of keywords anymore.
2. Searching for businesses online has become relatively easier because of the google voice search capability along with the semantic technology.
3. Enhanced user experience – It is the new and updated way of obtaining relevant search traffic.
4. Finding answers has become a lot easier – semantic search technology has reduced the time a user spends in finding the right answer for their specific query. The semantic technology offers interactive and conversational-based SERPs helping the user find the exact answer for the questions they are looking for.
5. Semantically enriched metadata increases the visibility of a site. Thereby increasing the number of people visiting your site and in turn, increasing the number of potential sales in the process.
6. Building better customer relations – now with semantic search technology, you can find the semantic keywords relevant to your website which will eventually attract more customers for your business.
2. Social Media Marketing:
According to a report published by the Statista Research Department in the last 2 years, the average daily social media usage of internet users worldwide amounted to 145 minutes per day (i.e) 3 hours and 53 minutes each day. So social media marketing looks promising for businesses looking to grow. Meta formerly known as Facebook is still leading as the most commonly used social media platform among marketers worldwide and will continue to do so in the future as well. Meta has taken the big plunge into eCommerce with the introduction of Meta shops, providing yet another way for retailers to connect with their audience.
3. Video Marketing:
In 2022 Youtube seems to be considered a popular option for marketers worldwide, taking into account that video marketing is the next best thing in the world of digital marketing. In 2021, 86% of businesses indicated that they were using video as a marketing tool. Research has found that 84% of consumers have been convinced to buy a product after watching a video, and they’re twice as likely to share videos than other types of online content. Cisco reported that by 2022, the video will account for 82% of all online traffic.
Social media stories are great ways to show brand personality and create a personal connection with your audience. It’s all about giving your brand that personal touch. Making your social media posts personal to your customer’s needs creates a long-lasting bond between your brand and your audience. For instance, on Instagram Stories, some location searches have a story icon that allows users to view recent stories that have used the particular location sticker. Additionally, the use of hashtags for places or events has a similar effect of driving user traffic to that destination to learn more. This is a great way to help your brand get discovered locally.
In conclusion, according to a report by Global Data, the Indian online business market is pushing to 7 trillion rupees by 2023 as a result of the pandemic. The future is all about working with Artificial Intelligence, Personalization, and conversational advertising.
So don’t you want to grab this opportunity to increase your business growth?